Where there’s love, weddings are always in season, and in this month’s blog, I invite you to “Come, stay awhile” as I unveil all the bright and beautiful places and events that make weddings here the region’s best.
- Yep, you did it again. You voted us Best Wedding Venue 2019 in Celebrate magazine! We’re looking forward to announcements of “Best” winners by Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and Citiscapes — both of those publications awarded us Best Wedding Venue in 2018. Thank you for your loyal support and patronage!
- As you’ve noticed, we totally redesigned our website this year — a shout out to Raising the Standard for their beautiful work — and we’d love to know what you think. Please leave a comment below.
- Visit the wedding gallery to see our large collection of photos and videos with so many happy couples and their families celebrating the miracle of love. Check out Savvy (Miss America 2017) and Nate’s rehearsal dinner video while you’re there.
- If you haven’t visited our elegant new Lodge at the winery, give us a call and we’ll be glad to give you a tour. I really love the way the architecture and décor blend rustic warmth with industrial chic. Consider booking the Lodge for your wedding party, business retreat or family reunion.
- We’re pretty proud of another new space on our estate, the Veranda. Extending from behind the Stables, it has a roof and, best of all, the Veranda overlooks the vineyards.
- It’s been a long, hot (wonderful) summer, but fall weather is finally here, and we’re all looking forward to cooler days and those brilliant NWA leaves. Now is a good time to plan a tour of our property. We host hundreds of weddings at the Chapel Ruins, inspired by Gene’s and my visits to Europe where we saw many grand remnants of historic churches and chapels. The Stables is always a popular space for weddings, rehearsal dinners and corporate affairs. And then there’s our exquisite gem, the lush and cozy Peacock Room for brides and bridesmaids.
- Decisions, decisions! How to choose the right florist, photographer, baker, caterer, and candlestick maker (well, maybe not that last one). No worries—we have local resources to help. These are all exceptional, vetted NWA wedding service providers that we’re happy to recommend.
- When planning your wedding, just how involved do you want to be? Sarah Kilpatrick is our and experienced events manager. Her passion is to ensure your wedding day is everything and more than you ever dreamed. She’ll give you options for whatever level of participation you desire.
Wine, the taste of joyful occasions. As you plan your wedding and all the memorable events with it — bridal luncheon, wine-tastings, rehearsal dinner, reception dinner — discover the brilliance of our wine collection, including our award-winning Sassafras varietals. We also carry many local craft beers. Stop by the Tasting Room soon — open daily to everyone — for flavorful samples and information to help you select the perfect wine for your wedding events.
Of course, we’re not just a venue for weddings. We offer so many options for any of life’s celebrations. Birthday, graduation, proposals, engagement, rehearsal dinner, baby showers, anniversary parties, and yes, even end-of-life celebrations are all worthy milestones we’re honored to host.
- While you’re in the Tasting Room, try one of yummy new pizzas, baked fresh in our recently-installed pizza ovens. From cheese to meat lovers to vegetarian and varieties in-between, you’re going to love this new addition to our menu.
Sarah Kilpatrick beautifully summed up how we all feel about serving our Sassafras Springs guests and clients, and the very reason we exist: “The best part is working with people during the most exciting times in their lives.” This includes weddings, birthday parties, fundraisers, anniversaries and every other event worth celebrating. “I find joy in helping to make the day unique and unforgettable, especially when it’s a wedding!”
What is your favorite space at Sassafras Springs? Please let us know in the comment section.
Hope to see you soon!